Celi’s Beta Test Is Live, Now What?
Dissecting Celi’s 91-person proof-of-concept beta test and detailing what comes next
Before we begin, is it corny or clever brand marketing to misspell celebrate as celibrate for all Celi-related communications?
Example: You have 2 people to celibrate today!
- Clever 🧠
- Corny 🌽
Celi’s proof-of-concept beta test has been live since April. Here are some stats at the 3-month mark:
- Monthly Active Users: 91
- Compound Monthly Growth Rate: 55.93%
- Viral Coefficient: 3.25
- Churn: 0%
- SMS Delivery Rate: 100%
- Email Open Rate: 84.26%
- New Product Launches: 1*
- Events Celebrated: 44
- Average Dates Per Person: 7.37
- Waitlist: 212
- User Age Range: 13–64
*Monthly Digest is a once-monthly notification including all of your connection’s upcoming celebrations for the month ahead as well as a curation of notable holidays and observances.
Throughout the beta test, I’ve received unsolicited encouragement from active users about their Celi experience. Aware that as founder and author I am an unreliable narrator, my hope is my track record of transparency and scrutiny of Celi yields a trust strong enough to accept the authenticity of these:
Lastly, this proof-of-concept beta test has strengthed some of Celi’s original theses:
- The 7.37 average dates per person confirm the importance and value of beyond the birthday events.
- The 3.25 viral coefficient confirms that Celi’s natural external network effects set Celi up for slingshot-like growth.
- User feedback confirms that Celi will…